Thursday, May 15, 2008

KOALA BEAR SANCTUARY 2008


And the Pace Clan...with Christa along for the ride enter Lone Pine Sanctuary
"
This picture and information is crazy...they really are THAT small when they are born. Actually, kind of gross if you think about it. Then, they crawl up to their mother's pouch and stay there until they are big enough to survive on their own


Cory and "HIS" Koala Bear...He got his own special one...The Koala Bear in front of him was for adults only and was a little mean...so they brought out this cuddly one...He was SO cute and dug into Cory's shoulders "very hard" according to evidence left afterward...but he said it was worth it!!


The Zoo Keeper preparing the Koala to "cling" onto Cory


One of the Bachelor Koala Bears...yep they have their own special place!


Special Friends...Christa and Cory


The Pace Clan plus one cute furry Koala Bear


The Pace's outside the "Kindergarten" Sanctuary...they have a special area for everyone, including the young ones


This was an "Elderly Koala" from the Retirement Home


Christa, Kristi and Cory...Cory looks thrilled


Another cute friend


Kristi stroking a HUGE snake...freaked me out a little but I did it!! Go Kristi!! That was a dorky comment...


This is the snake I was stroking...ugh


Enter at your own risk! Yes, there are no workers in this confined area...a bit scary considering kangaroos can kill you if they get upset. We were lucky though, these ones were all nice...seemed very tired...and VERY hungry!


This was my favorite kangaroo!! Such a cutie...so tiny and sweet.


Same kangaroo giving me some love...what do you kids think??!!
Do you want one??!! I have a client who keeps one as a pet...she says the kangaroo sleeps in her bed with her. Personally, I think she is a little crazy! :)


Cory chillin with some very tired and lazy kangaroos


Christa feeding a cute little kangaroo...they loved our food!


We HAD to get a picture of the kangaroos jumping!!


Steven giving some love to this gentle kangaroo


Cory feeding a kangaroo that kept following him around


Man does He look like He is having fun!!


Mom loving some time feeding kangaroos with her boy


Some more food feeding...


Bats...aren't these cool??!! I was so surprised to see them...they are amazing in person and a bit scary looking! It freaked me out when I realized this is what hit me in the head when I was emerging from the "glow worm" cave we visited in December...yikes!

6 comments:

Jessica said...

WoW what a cool place! I have always wanted to hold a koala bear and feed a kangaroo.. although I have never wanted to touch a giant snake.. props for that one. You guys look real cute in these pics and it looked like a lot of fun! miss you and hope to see you soon!

Jessica & Boyd

Annie said...

Hi guys! Kayla is sitting on my lap looking at the blog and yelling "puppy" every time we see an animal. We are working on more words with her. But anyway, she loves seeing the photos. My girls would love to see that in person. Too bad it isn't closer. We miss you all. Love, Annie and Kayla

Kristi said...

Thanks for the comments...we miss you too! It really was a LOT of fun! It was just a really neat place...holding Koala Bears and feeding Kangaroos...amazing! We all had a really good time.

It would be great if we could all do this together...I know Steven would love that...he really misses you guys.

Lots of love...and thanks for the comments,
Kristi

Kimberly said...

HI!!!!What great pics. Wish I could have been there.

Kristi said...

You should all come visit...looks like we will be here through August or December or until Steven gets a good job offer somewhere else.

It would be great fun! You would have a place to stay, etc. And, we are learning all the amazing places to go! Think about it...I have just spoken with my family and I think they are considering it now!

Love you all,
Kris

Dad said...

The pictures surprised me- I didn't realize that Koalas were so big, or that kangaroos could be so small. Cory- how heavy do you think the koala was? Was it heavier than Daisy? Someday I would love to see a real, live kangaroo in action.Love, Diane/G-ma