Wednesday, June 4, 2008

Below are the pictures taken at MovieWorld by the cameras set up on the roller coasters! We really had a great time and I am so proud of Cory! These were his first roller coasters! I will tell a small story beneath each one. I hope you enjoy...We went to MovieWorld about a month ago and it has just taken me a bit to get these pictures scanned and onto the site. Love you all very much, Kristi


The Scooby Doo Roller Coaster! Honestly, this was my favorite and Cory's favorite...and believe it or not it was a little scary!


This was the Wild West Log Ride! It was a blast...a big drop at the end, but worth it! I (Kristi) am the one in the white poncho...ha...ha...but at least I didn't get wet! You gotta LOVE Steven's poses!


Okay guys, this was it! The Superman Roller Coaster...and YES it was very scary! Cory's face is priceless!! :) Obviously, I look pained, but I wanted to prove to Cory that I would conquer my fear, just like he was.

Okay, so this is the story: We actually went to MovieWorld to have a lesson on conquering our fears. Cory had gone a couple weeks before this with his friend Cameron, but he did not go on any rides but the Scooby Doo with Cameron's mom, reason for this being he was scared because he has never ridden any roller coasters. So, I told him we were going to go back and ride the one roller coaster he didn't want to ride...Superman!

So, here we are waiting in line...we have waited about 45 minutes...we are two rides away from getting on the coaster and it...BREAKS DOWN!! No joke...all this fear in Cory (because he was already really upset with us at this point for MAKING him ride a roller coaster that he didn't want to ride) and it breaks! Agh, I wanted to scream. We told Cory we weren't going to leave and his eyes started to tear up...he said we were all going to die. After much discussion, we decided we would wait for 45 minutes and if wasn't fixed, we would leave. Well, just as the time was winding down and it looked like the ride wasn't going to happen, the engineers started doing test runs...Cory was obviously very upset. Honestly, I couldn't believe this happened...it was worst case scenario! Anyway, we got on the ride...Cory told me and Steven he hated us...and off we shot through the tunnel...

That is the story. And, what was Cory's reaction? Of course, he wanted to ride it again! Let this be a lesson to us all about conquering our fears!

Love you all...don't laugh to hard...this day actually started off pretty rough, but you can tell we really enjoyed it! Much Love From the Pace Family in Australia,
Kristi

2 comments:

Annie said...

I love it! Way to go Cory! Miss you all -Annie and Clan

Dad said...

I don't think that I could have gotten on that ride- even if it was working perfectly! I love the pictures and hearing all about your day. i was having a hard time accessing the blog lately, so I am now catching up. Love, Diane/grandma