Thursday, July 26, 2007

HELLO PACE FAMILY

Hi Everyone,

Sorry it has taken me so long to post...I am still getting used to this! :)

I have enjoyed all the pictures...the zip line looks like so much fun!

Just wanted to update you on some funny events here in Australia:

- Cory is required to take Japanese in school. He finds it interesting, though he doesn't care for the teacher much. They looked up Japanese word for 'underwear'. Cory came home in hysterics laughing about the translation...and pronunciation in Japanese. It is not appropriate for your little ears, so if you are interested I'll let you look it up on your own! :)

- Speaking of school, Steven has officially started this week. All seems to be going well. He was accepted into a research laboratory. He will be working on infectious disease diagnostics. He seems excited about the professor and the research topic...anything that makes him happy makes me happy! :)

- Damn and Hell are NOT swear words here. Cory's friend, Cameron, was here last night. They were playing Xbox and Cameron kept saying Damn It over and over again. Steven and I were laughing. It is also humorous to hear Hell and Damn coming from the podium at Church on Sundays!

- Also, if you ever come visit us...don't ever use the word 'crap'. Apparently, that is one of the very worse swear words you can say here!

- I miss my Dr. Pepper!! Anyone want to send me some?! J/K...sort of. They don't have fountain drinks here...or any Dr. Pepper (they don't make it in Australia apparently). I have realized it is the only soda I like...

- Kristi (me) drove this week! I had to drive Cory to school by myself and pick him up because Steven was at the University. I only almost got us killed twice! :) And, Cory only screamed once! :) Cory congratulated me though! :)

- They don't have stick deodorant here...no joke...only roll on and spray. I think I will be having my mom send me a care box with a few things! :)

We love you and miss you all! It was fun to chat with Kim on Skype the other night...and to see Mom and Dad Pace's BEAUTIFUL faces often! We love you...

Kristi

-

3 comments:

Dad said...

Steve knows that I never liked the word "crap"- little did he know that I was just training him for Australia!! All the other stuff is interesting- the Dr Pepper is just tragic though. Glad you are climatizing- sounds like fun. Love, Mom

Annie said...

Wow! What an adventure! I will gladly send you Dr.Pepper if you promise to send me Pepsi if I ever live in a place that doesn't make it!! I'm glad to hear about all you're up to. Love you lots! Annie

Jimbo said...

What a funny post. I am excited to here more about how different it is there. It was good to talk to you guys last week. I enjoyed it. Love you! Kim