Monday, July 2, 2007

Picture Update From Mexico









This is the village that Dad and I walked to in order to see the church which was destroyed by a volcano. The next day, we traveled to a small fishing island on a well-worn boat. The fishermen use butterfly nets to catch small, sardine-like fish. Then we walked up to the top of the island, through a lot of shops and got to a monument. We climbed to the top of the fist and squeezed our heads out of a small hole so that we could look out. I think the view was worth it. There were a lot of murals inside depicting the historical struggles of the Mexican people, but I was too worried about my own struggle to climb the stairs to appreciate them. It reminded me of a trip to Provincetown.......We are having a great time and hope this finds you ALL well. Love, Mom and Dad

4 comments:

Space said...

Well, It looks like you guys are really enjoying the holiday. It looks like a unique beautiful place.

Enjoy

Space said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Jimbo said...

I love the fishing picture. It is so artistic. It looks like such a fun vacation. It makes Jim and I want to go and see all the sights. Can't wait for more pictures.

Annie said...

Provincetown & Bunker Hill! You're adding to the list of monuments you've climbed. Any others we don't know about?